Special Validity Dates
Special is valid from 7th October 2014 to 30th April 2015.
THEME – GARDENS OF THE RIVER
CRUISE & STAY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
– 1 night pre-cruise deluxe hotel stay in New Orleans including breakfast, taxes, porterage and transfers to the American Queen
– 7 night Lower Mississippi River Cruise from New Orleans to Memphis aboard the American Queen
– Complimentary shore excursions in every port
– Complimentary wine and beer with dinner
– Complimentary cappuccino, espresso, specialty coffees, bottled water and soft drinks throughout your voyage
– The family recipes of acclaimed Southern chef Regina Charboneau
– The only steamboat with multiple specialty dining options, all at no additional charge
– Port Charges
– Gracious service from a friendly all-American staff
– Casual elegance abounds, no formal wear required
– Daily lectures by the Riverlorian, our on-board historian
– Professional showboat-style entertainment and dancing nightly
– Our own dedicated fleet of Steam coaches
– The most all-inclusive American river voyage
– The only authentic steam-powered overnight paddlewheel riverboat in America
– The greatest vacation value in America
Memphis 2 night post-cruise package available from US$499 per guest including:
– Two nights deluxe accommodation at the Downtown Sheraton Hotel
– Two full American breakfasts
– The King`s Memphis Tour along with the Platinum Graceland Admission
– Admissions to Sun Studios and the Rock and Soul Museum
– A Two Day Memphis Trolley Pass
– Baggage Handling from the American Queen to the hotel
– Local American Queen Steamboat Company Representative to answer your questions
– Transfer from the hotel to the airport
*Conditions Apply: Please note that the prices shown are not shown in real time. While we endeavour to keep our pricing as up-to-date as possible, the advertised prices shown here may differ from the live prices in our booking system. Fares quoted are in U.S. dollars, per person twin share and do not include air or land transportation. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Our crew works very hard to make sure that every aspect of your voyage meets the highest standards. This includes those crewmembers who serve you directly, such as wait staff, beverage servers and the stewards who service your stateroom each day. There are also many others who support their efforts whom you may never meet, such as galley and laundry staff. To ensure that the efforts of all our crewmembers are recognized and rewarded, gratuities of US$16.50 per guest will be automatically added to your onboard account on a daily basis. If our service exceeds or fails to meet your expectations, you are free to adjust this amount at the end of the cruise. In addition, a 15% Beverage Service Charge is automatically added to bar charges and dining room wine purchases. These charges are paid entirely to American Queen Steamboat Company crewmembers, and represent an important part of their compensation. In ports of call and on shore excursions, we suggest that you extend gratuities consistent with customary local practices. All prices are based on cash or cheque payment – credit card fees may apply. Some cruise lines reserve the right to impose a fuel levy if the NMEX price reaches a certain level – please check with your consultant at time of booking. Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Travel agent service fees may apply. Special conditions apply – please ask for full details at time of enquiry. Provided by Seven Oceans Cruising. Agents only reservations: 1300 137 330.
7 Night Cruise sailing from New Orleans to Memphis aboard American Queen. 1 night hotel stay pre-cruise in New Orleans.
Day 1: Hotel Stay – New Orleans
Your journey begins with a deluxe hotel stay in New Orleans. Tomorrow, you will board the American Queen.
Day 2: New Orleans, LA
Departure: 9:00 p.m.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of New Orleans today. This afternoon, you will board the American Queen to begin your voyage. Kick off the festivities with a Welcome Aboard Dinner.
Day 3: Oak Alley, LA
Located in the Saint James Parish, Oak Alley is a much-photographed plantation that combines architectural splendor and the natural wonder of its 300-year-old oak trees. Spend time strolling beneath the canopy of these trees, and learn about the rich history and culture of this southern estate.
Day 4: St. Francisville, LA
This quaint town located on the bluffs of the Mississippi River is your window to the past. With over 140 buildings on the National Register, beautiful plantation homes nestled in the rolling countryside, and bustling Main Street shops, you’ll find plenty to keep you on the go in St. Francisville.
Day 5: Natchez, MS
Step into the plantation lifestyle of the antebellum south in Natchez, site of numerous restored mansions. Visit historic Jefferson College, or just amble down the Natchez Trace.
Day 6: Vicksburg, MS
Discover a unique blend of old and new in Vicksburg, Mississippi. Take in the diversity from National Historic Landmarks to the Waterways Experiment Station. Billed as the “Red Carpet City of the South,” Southern hospitality is alive and well and awaiting your arrival.
Day 7: Scenic River Cruising
Enjoy the sights and sounds of river cruising as the you spend a leisurely day onboard.
Day 8: Helena, AR
Let gospel voices lift your heart, hear soulful Delta blues, and sample King biscuits and sausage during an eventful day.
Day 9: Disembark in Memphis, TN
Arrival: 8:00 a.m.
Disembark in Memphis and enjoy the city or continue your journey home.